Top 5 Mountains to Beach Dream Honeymoons
1. St. Lucia – my #1 – Top 5 Mountains to Beach Dream Honeymoons because of the all-inclusive and adults-only options available!
Saint Lucia is the perfect beach to rainforest to mountain destination, whatever you are seeking…it is in St. Lucia! Adventure, romance, natural experiences for the young at heart, St. Lucia is the answer! The island is a natural landscape of beautiful palm-trimmed beaches, endless unspoiled rainforest, and a land of volcanic surprises – the majestic Piton Mountains.
Around every bend, travelers can refresh under natural waterfalls, stroll through a rainforest to find breathe-taking views, climb Gros Piton Mountains, zip a line, ride above a rain-forest canopy, soak in mineral baths, visit the world’s only drive in volcano, or just bask in the fabulous Caribbean sun on one of St. Lucia’s many secluded beaches. All of this is not even considering the most important and loved part of the island: sea and sand! Most resorts provide opportunities for waterskiing, sunfishing, kayaking, snorkeling and windsurfing. Experiences that serious adventure seekers might want to include such as: fishing, scuba diving, snuba, jetovator, sea trekking, flyboarding and kitesurfing. Whale and dolphin watching, sport fishing, and boating are available for even more fun with nature! http://stlucianow.com
Honeymoon Accommodations: Adults only All-inclusive properties
Sandals offers 3 properties in St. Lucia:
*Sandals Regency La Toc – a glamorous resort with a cove beach and cliff-side suites
Sandals Grande St. Lucian – a vibrant, exciting resort with views that stir the soul from a unique peninsula. Sandals Halcyon Beach – a true “garden of Eden”, with luxuriant gardens providing the quintessential Caribbean resort.* (*Sandals description of properties)
2. Costa Rica – a fabulous destination to choose a tropical beach, to rainforest, and to an Arenal Volcano mountain area for a Dream Honeymoon. Start out a travel experience with 3 nights in the Arenal Volcano area. Visit Arenal National Park & Volcano, hanging bridges of the tropical rainforest, Tabacon Hot Springs and pools, and travel the Cano Negro Wildlife Refuge aboard a Rio Frio Boat Safari.
Then, for the next 4 days, travel to the Guanacaste region for a beach experience like no other! Choose from a family friendly, all-inclusive resort, or an adults-only, like Secrets Papagayo. This trip will awaken your advenurous spirit!
If you choose not to take the escorted tours, there is plenty to keep you occupied and challenged!
Adventures – canopy ziplining and Tarzan swing, rafting, surfing, hanging bridges, wildlife safaris by raft, fishing packages, horseback riding, rain forest experiences, jungle treks, and so much more can be found, with a tour guide for safety and security, if you choose.
Honeymoon Accommodations: All-inclusive properties
Dreams Las Mareas – Family friendly
RIU Palace Costa Rica – Family friendly
Secrets Papagayo – Adults only
3. Maui, Hawaii – Known as the “Valley Isle”. Maui is another perfect Mountains to Beach destination for Dream Honeymoons. One of Maui’s most memorable experiences is to view the Haleakala sunrise/sunset from the summit at 10,000 ft above sea level. After the view, don’t go home! The park offers 30,000 acres of public land for hiking, horseback riding and exploring nature to find many endangered species, seen nowhere else. Maui’s white, black, and red sand beaches cover over 30 miles of it’s 120 mile coastline. Some of the best surfing, windsurfing, swimming, snorkeling, and sunbathing beaches are found here. Public and private beaches abound, as well as undeveloped “secrets spots” that can be found off the beaten path. http://www.gohawaii.com for more about Maui, Kauai, Oahu.
Experiences visitors don’t want to miss:
Scenic Road to Hana
Coastal whale watching
Historic Lahaina Town
Haleakala National Park
Honeymoon Accommodations: No All-inclusives
*Sheraton Maui * Hyatt Regency Maui * Maui Grand Wailea * Ritz Carlton *
*Four Seasons * Royal Lahaina Resort
4. Kauai, Hawaii – Known as the “Island of Discovery”. This island is the tropical focal point of Hawaii, full of so much to do outdoors, with attractions and culture everywhere. On Kauai’s stunningly beautiful beaches, you can sunbathe, snorkel, learn to surf, and Dream! Waimea Canyon has been nicknamed the “Grand Canyon” of the Pacific. It is truly a geological wonder stretching 14 miles long, 1 mile wide, and 3600 ft deep. As you can imagine, there is plenty to explore, hike and just take in the panoramic views. The main road to Waimea Canyon, Waimea Canyon Drive, takes visitors into the mountains and ends at Kokee State Park. Other adventures on Kauai include, but not limited to: ziplining, boating – sailing – catamaran – fishing, kayaking, mountain tubing, scuba and snorkeling, surfing, whale watching, air tours by plane or helicopter (fantastic, by the way), and hiking.
Honeymoon Accommodations: No All-inclusives
Grand Hyatt Kauai
St. Regis Princeville Resort
Aqua Kaui Beach Resort
5. Oahu, Hawaii – Nicknamed the “Heart of Hawaii”. Oahu is the commercial center for the islands, and is sometimes called “the gathering place”. Honolulu brings metropolitan cityscapes to view against the beautiful blue water of Waikiki Beach. The Pearl Harbor Memorial is here, as well as Iolani Palace, with it’s historic architecture.
Tip – The Waikiki Trolley or “TheBus” are both affordable and convenient ways to travel in Honolulu and Waikiki Beach. It is suggested that visitors do not rent cars for city stays. Oahu has 112 miles of shoreline, that creates endless possibilities for water, water, and water activities. Every possible water activity can be found here: boating and fishing, scuba diving, snorkeling, kayaking, paddle boarding, parasailing & submarines, whale & dolphin watching, and… hiking & biking & Trikke, skydiving, all terrain vehicles, horseback riding and more…
Surfing was born in Waikiki, so be sure to learn to ride the waves here, before spending any time just basking in the Hawaiian sun. Some of the best beaches: Waikiki Beach, Duke Kahanamoku Beach, Kailu Beach, and, so many more! For the most incredible mountain experience, don’t miss the very popular – hike to the top of Leahi, Diamond Head, and take in panoramic views of Waikiki and Honolulu.
Honeymoon Accommodations – There are only 7 oceanfront properties on Waikiki Beach (these are my recommendations): Outrigger Reef on the Beach * Halekulani Hotel * Moana Loa * Royal Hawaiian Hotel Pink Palace” * Turtle Bay Resort (North shore – not on Waikiki).
With any of these Top 5 Mountains to Beach Dream Honeymoon locations, couples don’t have to choose between mountains or beach, because they get the experience of both! If you would like to find out more about any of these destinations, just fill out my renowned “Perfect Honeymoon Finder”. As soon as I receive your information, I’ll begin your Honeymoon analysis to find the perfect Dream Honeymoon for you and your fiance’!